A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is irregular in shape and seems like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is because of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is famous in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the chaga mushroom extract is an immune booster, a great digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is a compressive set of Chaga mushroom proven health benefits.
1. Prevention and therapy for cancer – The active compound within the Chaga mushroom posseses an essential role in prevention and control over cancer, based on research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are some of the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the immune system to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting your body to fight against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the defense mechanisms through the production of immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s ability to differentiate between foreign cells and the body’s cells; thus increasing the accuracy from the defense mechanisms in addressing invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays an important role in preventing allergic reactions by improving the body to recognise its cells better; thus it cannot combat its cells. In case reducing the chances of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in lowering of immunity mechanism hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity result from a serious allergic reaction. Such reaction can cause cardiac shock. Being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom boosts the defense mechanisms when needed and lower it after it is hypersensitive.
3. A powerful antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For example, Chaga extracts are effective against viruses since they inhibit replication of HIV 1 preventing Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts are effective in reducing infection as a result of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop this process that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), an important step in fighting infection. A cupful of Chaga tea is essential in eliminating the bacteria that could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation from the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Be aware that, low antioxidant levels can result in inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the results of enzymes that engage in inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide supplement synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play a vital role in neutralising free radicles within the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga provides the highest quantity of antioxidant potency when compared with any other food. The top levels of antioxidants are caused by our prime quantity of polyphenols in the Hericium Erinaceus Extract. Besides, the top amounts of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive effects of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, decrease the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – One of many factors behind ulcers is bacteria. Being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria that causes ulcers within the digestive tract reducing odds of ulcers. Besides, the extracts in the mushroom are crucial in lessening inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cupful of Chaga tea or a glass of tepid water infused with Chaga mushroom powder half an hour before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration in the blood throughout an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the whole process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides raise the glycogen content of muscles as well as the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that contributes to fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous blood clots – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots within the veins; a condition called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it can certainly result in diseases such as heart attack and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the whole process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the risks of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is vital in soothing bloodstream when in irritation. Such property is necessary in the event of pain or conditions such as neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood sugar level by increasing levels of insulin in the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to convert sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of the reasons for insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance leads to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the chance of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decrease that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus lowering the surges in blood sugar levels, which may otherwise lead to diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure and cholesterol – Betulinic acid can breakdown the low-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol in the blood, while other extracts increase the quantity of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol inside the liver. Through the elimination of bad cholesterol from bloodstream, as well as eliminating clots from the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a proper blood pressure.
11. Skin health – The massive amounts of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, allow it to be a great skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin gives the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, increases the skin’s health, which makes it supple and protecting the skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it for the skin is effective.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is a superb source of dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the production of bile, an essential salt within the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder 3 x a day, 30 minutes before a meal decbbe important for a healthy digestive system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving feeling of stress – Chaga extracts are crucial in balancing hormones in the body. In case of stress, our bodies releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the sensation of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of such hormones, balances the functioning in the body, hence enables one to deal with stress. As a well known adaptogen, he shou wu extract, assist to stabilise, restore and protect your body. It can so by improving the body react to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance in the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the level of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the levels of acetylcholine improves the cognitive performance of an individual.